AKAGERA NATIONAL PARK SAFARI
Animals to be seen include giraffe, zebra, elephant, lion, leopard, hippo, rhino, antelopes, buffalo and hundreds of bird species including rare birds like the Shoebill.
The park is made up of savannah, swamps and woodlands with a total area of 1,200 km².
Less than a 3-hour drive from Kigali, Akagera can be visited as a day or overnight trip.
Timing: Day Trip — 5 am departure from Kigali (suggested), 5 – 7pm return (approximate); Overnight — Flexible
Sample Itinerary: Akagera Day Trip Itinerary
- Private safari vehicle and driver/guide with hotel pickup and drop off
- Park entrance fees
- National Park Service guide in the park
- Packed breakfast and lunch from Turambe Shoppe
- Bottled water in vehicle
- Medical evacuation insurance
- Credit card transaction fees